Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fifth graders played Smart Board Jeopardy this morning to review the concepts learned in unit one. Here's the scoreboard. They covered factors, multiples, place value, multiplication and division (not long, but strategies)  in the first unit.

Readers learned about approaches to reading today. Readers can be curmudgeons in their approach or have open minds. Can you guess what these readers are acting out? See above and below. They also reflected on their reading thus far this year. Have I been reading just right books or have I been stuck on the same book all year? Have I been reading in a variety of genres or the same old genre? Have I been reading lots of pages in each session or just a few?



The reading interview questions.

Scientists are designing gizmos for their final demonstrations of understanding. Motorized boats, windshield wiper glasses, and other contraptions will make for a neat day of Rube Goldberg-type presentations.


Homework:

  • Fourth and fifth grade math worksheets
  • Finish Lessson 2 of Wordly Wise (make sure to use complete sentences in 2e, and to use all fifteen words)
  • Read 20 minutes or more and fill out reading log

No comments: