Thursday, December 6, 2012

Homework:

  • Write for 15 minutes in your writers notebook (of course, you can write on lined notebook paper if you forgot it and glue the paper into your notebook tomorrow).
  • Fifth grade finish the math worksheets assigned on Tuesday if you have not already. Fourth grade check Jeff's blog.
  • Read!
Students shared their writing from last night about plant adaptations.

Students wrote memoir for 15 minutes in their writers notebooks. 


An amateur mycologist strikes gold in the butterfly garden: the brown morel!

To deepen our understanding of the Lewis and Clark expedition and grow geography skills, I had students plan a backpacking trip in Tuolumne Meadows. I had to teach how to measure a squiggly line with wire or string to get an accurate distance. I also instructed students in how to count contour lines to calculate elevation. It was challenging work which we will continue on the morrow!


Thanks, Katy G., for the next few pics from yesterday's trip. I look like I'm praising the god of redwood trees, but I'm actually engaging students in a little game I call the "stick dance."




No comments: