| Creative play at the park: planting a "garden." |
![]() |
| An artsy shot that I couldn't resist. |
Homework:
30 minutes of reading
Math:
5th grade added decimals today and put more time into their problems of the week. I am proud of how much progress everyone has made on their POW, and it's only Wednesday. I heard numerous students say today, "I thought the answer was this, but it can't be that!" That is the sound of a math brain at work. Homework is in the packet. Remember that gymnasts are trying to get the highest possible number of points.
4th Grade Math Homework, due tomorrow
Purple Group:
Option 1: Unit 6, pages 24-25; students may wish to download & print 5x12 rectangular arrays for fraction work
Option 2: More Fractions Handout
4th Grade Math
Purple Group: After a multiples and Around the World math fact warm-up in the sun, students finished a fraction assessment, and we discussed how to add fractions, using rectangular array representations to help. We noted that by converting fractions to equivalent fractions with the same denominator, we can simply add the numerators.
4th Grade Blue Group: We read, Sir Cumference and the Great Knight of Angleland, to include math in our focus on literature this week. Students worked on making common denominators to add fractions, and go started on the homework pages.


No comments:
Post a Comment